The 2017 County Louth Archaeological and Historical Journal is now available.
Articles in this edition of the journal include:
- Recent Excavations at Old Mellifont Abbey by Donald Murphy and Jon Stirland
- Historic Grazing Practices in the Cooley Mountains: Some Toponymic and Archaeological Evidence by Eve Campbell
- Clonmore rectory in 1407 and doubts on the Calendar of papal letters by Niall C.E.J. O’Brien
- Looking at Windmills in Louth by Paul Gosling and Kieran Campbell
- The Owens Family of Stone House by Jean Young
- Drogheda and Galway Census Highlights 1813-51 – Contexts, Caveats, Comparisons and Contrasts, Part 2 of 3 by Ned McHugh
- St Mary’s Church, Ballymascanlan by Seamus Bellew
- The Dublin and Belfast Junction Railway: The Great Link uniting Dublin and Belfast by P.J. Geraghty
Members will have already received their copies; the journal is also available to non-members and copies may be purchased by contacting the Hon. Editor – see the Journal page for details.