The Society’s latest Journal, Volume XXX, no. 1 (2021), has now been published. This issue is divided into two parts, the first of which is a celebration of our late colleague, Noel Ross, who edited forty-five issues from 1976 to 2020 and contributed forty-seven articles, thirteen of which were co-authored.
The articles in the journal include one titled ‘A New Field for Noel Ross’ by John McCullen, which is a lengthy overview of the recent excavations by Drs Matt and Geraldine Stout of the medieval Cistercian grange of Beaubec at Bey More.
The remaining articles in this journal are
- A Rock Art Spiral at Lisnawully by Paul Gosling
- Hidden Faughart by Eoghan Ó Cuinn
- Thomas Gogarty and the Records of Drogheda Corporation: Part 3 of 3 by Brian Gurrin
- The Rent Roll of Wallop Brabazon (1800) by Séamus Bellew
- The East Window at Collon Church of Ireland by John Rountree
- Three Fortescue Paintings by Maureen Rogers
- The Ballad of John Tisdall’s Wedding by John Rafferty
- Faughart House by Don Johnston
The journal has been distributed to subscribing members. Others interested in purchasing a copy can do so by contacting email@example.com.