Annagassan and District Historical Society’s next event is a history walk around the Bellingham Castle Estate. Led by Bryan Rogers, it is on Sunday 28th July at 2:30pm. Please assemble at St. Mary’s Church of Ireland in the centre of Castlebellingham village (just north of the castle gates).
The walk will include the spectacularly restored Coach Stables, the Garden House, the site of the original castle that burned down in 1690 and the site of the Knights Templar Abbey dating from the early 14th century. After a short history of the Bellingham family Bryan will discuss the castle demesne landscaping and estate features including the bowling green, the Horse Pond and the boathouse. Please note that the walk will not access the castle itself.
Refreshments will be provided at the end of the walk, which costs €5 (children are free). All are welcome.
Event details at www.togher.info.
St Mary’s Church of Ireland location on Google Maps.